Season III is getting started with the top companies who have drawn the best remote-first practices. Gitlab famously opened their Handbook at the most important time when everyone needed to learn all about remote work. They also gave birth to a new role : Head of Remote which has been trending in organisations wanting to succeed in their transition to a remote-first company. This week I am discussing with Darren Murph about what it is to be a head of remote and if you need one in your own organisation to set the foundation work of a remote-first mindset.
In this episode you will hear:
- Why gitlab opened their handbook
- Hybrid on paper sounds like the best of both world
- Why having a leader to implement and maintain a remote-first way of work is crucial
- How the open-source world influence the mindset of transparency needed in remote work
- In a remote-setting, there is no place for unspoken rules, everything needs to be written down
- allremote.info - Remote Work Playbook
- Find Darren @darrenmurph on Linkedin and Twitter
- Reply with a link: What a head of remote should be
Reach out! - You can reach out to the host Daphnée Laforest on Linkedin :)
Leave a review, help us get discovered! - If you found value in this show, we'd love your review on your listening app of choice. It really helps to get the podcast discovered by more and more people. RateThisPodcast.com/remotefirst
Our Partner: Remotive - Since 2014 Remotive.io is helping top distributed companies hire remote workers. Going remote has opened your company to the world. So going Remotive we'll channel your jobs to the best talents out there.
\n\n--- \n\nSend in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/remotefirst/message