Buffer is a fully remote company that is recognized for their culture & openness and transparency. Especially when it comes to Salaries - a topic that is quite a debate recently as companies are looking into the longer term impact of remote work. This week I have the pleasure to chat with Jenny Terry, Director of Business Operations at Buffer.
In this episode you will hear:
- How Buffer set their formula to adjust the salary with benchmarking and bands.
- If employee get a salary decrease if they change location
- The challenges and benefits of transparent salaries
- Why Buffer chose to go with transparent salaries - building trust
- Gender-pay gap analysis
- Average salaries of men across the company compared to women
- People new to WFH experienced that productivity often goes up when people are working from home.
- Giving equal benefits around the world
- Book: Psychology of Money
- Buffer's blog post - How We’ve Lowered Our Gender Pay Gap From 15% to 5.5%
Reach out! - You can reach out to the host Daphnée Laforest on Linkedin :)
Leave a review, help us get discovered! - If you found value in this show, we'd love your review on your listening app of choice. It really helps to get the podcast discovered by more and more people. RateThisPodcast.com/remotefirst
Our Partner: Since 2014 Remotive.io is helping top distributed companies hire remote workers. Going remote has opened your company to the world. So going Remotive we'll channel your jobs to the best talents out there.
\n\n--- \n\nSend in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/remotefirst/message